Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cowtown Half-Marathon


Matt has always been a runner but has been serious about it for well over a year now. After feeling a little envious of his fitness and pride, I decided to try running. All of you reading this know that I am NOT a runner and never have been, but, I met the challenge! After training for four months, I completed my very first Half- Marathon! That is 13.1 miles!!! I am a little disappointed in my time and hope to do better next time but am very proud that I finished.


I got quite a surprise when I got to the finish line - my family was there to cheer me on! I did not know that they were coming - my mom and dad came from La Pryor and my sister and her family, Kim, Bruce, Katelynn & Hunter, came in from Edmond, Oklahoma! It really meant the world to me that they all came in to support me! Betty and Clark were there too!


Matt ran the half-marathon and beat his time from his last half-marathon. Friends, Erin Price and Steve Lange also ran in Fort Worth with us - they are pictured here with Matt and I.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Merrily! I am so impressed with you! Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Molly & Miles

Molly & Miles
Halloween 2009 - Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion